The following are excerpts from a newsletter by Dr. Joseph Mercola; “Critical Alert: The Swine Flu Pandemic – Fact or Fiction?” and a newsletter by Jon Barron dated 8/03/2009; “Swine Flu – Midsummer Update.”
1. KEEPING THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE:
• 3,000 people a day worldwide die from malaria.
• 2,600 people a day in the U.S. die from preventable cardiovascular disease [iv].
• 2,000 people a year in the U.S. die from taking aspirin.
• 38,000 children a day worldwide, die from starvation or preventable diseases.
• 40,000 people a year in the U.S. die from the common flu.
• 106,000 people a year in the U.S. die from taking prescription drugs, as prescribed.
• 2,216,000 people a year in the U.S. are hospitalized from taking prescription drugs as prescribed [v].
• 552,000 people died in the U.S. from cancer in 2008, while 1.2 million were diagnosed with cancer [vi].
• 75% of type II diabetics in the U.S. die from coronary events or stroke [vii].
• In 1976 the Swine flu vaccine killed 25 in the U.S.
• 2003 the Bird flu killed 257 worldwide.
• 2009 the A(H1N1) Swine flu has killed 145 people worldwide through June 2009 [viii].
• 2004 lightning strikes and kills 1,170 people worldwide.
• 1918 the “Spanish flu” pandemic killed 20 million people worldwide. Today all H1N1 flu’s are descendants of the 1918 pandemic strain which mutates from year to year. This mutation process is why there is no vaccine available for this current hybrid flu strain.
• 1976 the “Swine flu” pandemic resulted in massive swine flu vaccinations leading to legal claims totaling $1.3 billion filed by thousands of victims who suffered paralysis from the vaccine. The vaccine was also blamed for 25 deaths. Several hundred people developed crippling Guillain-Barre Syndrome and healthy 20 year-olds became paraplegics after receiving the vaccine. More people died from the Swine flu vaccine than the Swine flu.
• 2003 the H5N1 “Bird flu” virus; President Bush predicted 2 million American would die as a result of the bird flu, but in fact the death toll was 257 worldwide.
• “Bird flu” fears were raised again in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008. Dr. Joseph Mercola wrote a New York Times bestselling book, The Bird Flu Hoax, in which he claimed a massive fraud designed to instill fear, and create wind-fall profits for various investors, politicians and the pharmaceutical industry. Bush administration officials owned massive amounts of stock in the drug companies that sold the “antiviral drugs.” “A dangerous legal loophole still exists which allows members of Congress and high-powered executive branch appointees to exploit “insider” knowledge of the financial industry in order to turn personal profit”[ix]. This “insider trading” is considered illegal for everyone else.
• 2009: as of June 12th, 2009, 74 countries have officially reported 29,669 cases of influenza A(H1N1) and145 deaths in the entire world from this illness. The US has had 13,217 confirmed cases, and 27 deaths. Mexico has had 108 deaths. If you want the latest numbers go to “Google Maps’ Swine Flu Tracker” or go to “World Health Organization’s Epidemic and Pandemic Alert and Response.”
The A(H1N1) is this year’s version of the H1N1 virus.
- runny nose and/or sore throat
- fever of more than 100 F, (37c)
- joint aches
- lack of appetite
- severe headache
- vomiting and/or diarrhea
This version has never been seen before in either human or animal. So – where did it come from?
The following are excerpts from a newsletter by Dr. Joseph Mercola; “Critical Alert: The Swine Flu Pandemic – Fact or Fiction?” and a newsletter by Jon Barron dated 8/03/2009; “Swine Flu – Midsummer Update.”
• Tamiflu, an antiviral drug – has been approved for treatment of uncomplicated influenza “type A” and “B” in children one year of age or older. It is also approved for use in adolescents and adults 13 years or older. Tamiflu can’t prevent the flu. It only lowers the viral load. It cannot prevent the spread of the disease, and it won’t stop illnesses that resemble the flu. It works by blocking a viral enzyme that helps the influenza virus invade cells in your respiratory tract.
• 20,000,000 doses of Tamiflu were bought by the U.S. government in October 2005, at a cost of $2 billion. Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld, (in the Bush administration) was the former president of Gilead Sciences the company that created Tamiflu along with Roche Pharmaceutical. Many political insiders of the Bush administration made millions in profits on this sale [x].
• The manufacturer has confirmed that Tamiflu has a three year shelf life.
• Federal Drug Administration (FDA) has recently passed the SLEP (Shelf Life Extension Program) that allows for this drug, which expired in June 2009, to now expire in May 2011. They have also waived their standards on improperly stored Relenza and Tamiflu and deemed them safe and effective for use . . . even in infants [xi].
• The batch of Tamiflu your doctor may be prescribing may be expired, and/or may not have been properly stored.
• Common side effects of Tamiflu: (These are very similar to the flu symptoms, you’re trying to avoid.)
Serious side effects of Tamiflu:
- Brain infections (which have lead to 14 deaths in children and teens)
• Tamiflu has been banned in Japan for use in children since 2007.
• Tamiflu, if taken as directed, can only reduce the duration of your influenza symptoms by 1 to 1 ½ days, according to the official data.
• Flu experts have no idea if the current “seasonal flu vaccine” would offer any protection against this new exotic Swine flu A(H1N1).
• “Swine flu vaccine” has no proven effectiveness and has a history of causing crippling neurologic disease. These vaccines are preserved by using thimerosal mercury. Mercury is a known neurotoxin! [xii].
• The new “A(H1N1) Swine Flu vaccine” which is due on line in October 2009, will have had no testing in clinical trials to determine its safety and effectiveness. The public will be the guinea pigs. The Secretary of Health, Kathleen Sebelius, recently signed into law a grant of immunity for pharmaceutical companies; making them immune from lawsuits in the event of any adverse reactions to the Swine flu vaccine [xiii]. Are you feeling more confident now?
The question arises – How could a mixed animal-human mutant occur? Could it happen naturally? And who would stand to gain the most and have the ability to create such a condition?
Dr. Mercola states “The American pharmaceutical company was under investigation for distributing the deadly avian flu virus to 18 different countries as part of a seasonal flu vaccine shipment.” . . . Was it “a deliberate attempt to start a pandemic? Reports say such a “mistake” would be virtually impossible under the security protocols of that virus.”(remember this name)
“The “H5N1 Bird Flu virus” on its own is not very airborne. However, when combined with “seasonal flu viruses,” which are more easily spread, the effect could be a potent, airborne, deadly, biological weapon. If this batch of live bird flu mixed with the seasonal flu viruses had reached the public, it could have resulted in dire consequences.”
“While it is morally unthinkable that a drug company would knowingly contaminate flu vaccines with a deadly flu virus, it is certainly not impossible.” A top scientist with the United Nations believes that Ebola, HIV/AIDS, and the current A-(H1N1) swine flu virus are all genetically-manufactured as military biological warfare agents [xiv].
The U.S. Army criminal investigators are looking into the possibility that disease samples are missing from bio-labs at Fort Detrick – the same Army research lab from which the 2001 anthrax strain was released.
And who do you think got the government contract to make the new A(H1N1) vaccine? Well who else – Baxter International! How is your confidence level now?
Louis Pasteur, 1822 – 1895, was one of the first microbiologists, he developed the vaccines for cholera, anthrax and rabies; also the process of pasteurization. He also developed the “Germ Theory.” He viewed the body as a sterile machine that will operate properly until a foreign agent “germ” is introduced. From this theory came the concept that specific microbes produce a specific disease. In an attempt to destroy these intruders antibiotics, vaccines and other medicines are used, because, (according to the theory) no microbes, no disease. It is believed by these advocates that health is restored only if there are no germs present that might cause disease [xv].
In contrast, Claude Bernard (1813-1878), was the founder of modern experimental physiology and one of the most famous French scientists of all time. His focus was on the “milieu interieur” (internal environment) and taught that microbes could not produce disease unless the body’s internal environment was out of balance or toxic.
The body is made up of many billions of living cells, each one a separate, tiny, living organism which needs to be individually sustained. If each individual cell receives the nutrition and oxygen it needs and has its personal waste products removed, it will be healthy. And if every cell in the body is healthy, then it follows the entire body will be healthy too. Thus, TOTAL HEALTH CAN ONLY BE ACHIEVED BY FIRST ATTENDING TO INNER HEALTH.
The purity of the internal environment therefore depends on the quality of the blood and lymph and the vigor of the circulation, the cleansing action of the lymph being as important as its nourishing action. And, in turn, the quality of the blood is dependent primarily on the efficiency of the liver and kidneys and the quality of the food and water from which the body makes new blood. The condition of perfectly balanced body chemistry is called “homeostasis”, a term coined by the physiologist Walter Cannon, MD, Sc.D, of Harvard University.
If there are any deficiencies in nutrition, if there exists any form of pollution, or if there is inadequate oxygen or poor circulation or organ malfunction, the interior environment will suffer. The most common and most serious form of degradation is toxemia caused by improper diet, which exists because of excesses and the denaturing effect of cooking and the inclusion of harmful substances such as salt, condiments, and refined sugar, etc.
Toxemia can occur, not only through improper diet but through stress, lack of fresh air, sunshine, and exercise.
Bernard’s theory was ignored for more than 50 years. Renowned microbiologist, Rene Debous said:
“Most microbial diseases are caused by organisms present in the body of a normal individual. They become the cause of disease when a disturbance arises which upsets the equilibrium of the body.”
The evidence is clear today that both Bernard and Debous were correct as evidenced by the almost universal presence of all kinds of bacteria and viruses in people who are not suffering from diseases.
Louis Pasteur, father of the Germ Theory of Disease, just before his death in 1895, said “Bernard was right, the germ is nothing, and the milieu (internal environment) is everything” [xvi].
Based on the protocols discussed above; Prevention is the proper care of the body through diet, nutrition, exercise, sleep and stress control. Maintaining homeostasis is the basis of healthcare prevention and treatment.
It is common knowledge among doctors that poor blood conditions accompany chronic diseases. When blood tests are made the blood is assessed for various chemical elements and a count is made of the red blood cells (erythrocytes) and white blood cells (leukocytes). A closer look of the blood under a microscope, reveals the blood is polluted and the red cells and blood platelets tend to stick together (aggregate), so the blood becomes sticky (high viscosity). The blood cannot carry oxygen properly and it cannot circulate properly. This may lead to increased blood pressure, and high platelet adhesion. The conventional medical training uses drugs to regulate blood pressure which does little or nothing to address the root problem of impurity and high viscosity of the blood. This then is the disease itself, and what they think is the disease is only a symptom of disturbed homeostasis. The more the blood deteriorates, the greater the number of microbes present, which then multiply not as the cause of the illness, but as a result of it.
Although medical drugs may sometimes provide relief from disease symptoms, in the long run they cause further deterioration of the interior environment which causes additional distress, the symptoms which are referred to as “side effects”. Then additional medicine is prescribed to counter the side effects, the vicious circle is complete. It is now recognized that iatrogenic disease (disease caused by medical treatment) is a major cause of death in the United States.
Treatment protocol is treating a specific symptom once an ailment has occurred. A perfect example would be diabetes; through proper preventive care diabetes would not occur. A treatment protocol uses drugs to lower blood glucose and/or increase insulin production. Neither of which treats the underlying problem. By being proactive you can prevent or substantially reduce your risk of disease or infirmity.
Traditional Western Medicine: The education, training, and protocol focuses on disease and symptoms and are highly dependent on specialists for various health problems, such as, cardiologist, oncologist,neurologist, etc. The treatment protocol is to reduce or eliminate symptoms, such as pain, inflammation, lowering blood pressure, etc. and rarely is directed at prevention or resolving the underlying problems. If you have a traumatic injury or need surgery this is the best treatment protocol once you have considered all your options and have been informed, and understand, the proposed treatment protocol, and the expected results.
Traditional Oriental Medicine: The education, training and protocol focuses on natural healthcare, prevention, wellness and balance. The word holistic refers to the treatment of the whole person; body,mind, spirit, and emotions. The main focus is on prevention, staying healthy and keeping the immune system strong. The proper food selection, drinking and bathing in pure water, breathing pure air, getting adequate exercise, relaxation, love, and having a positive mental attitude.
But most importantly are self empowerment, educating yourself on personal health goals and learning the tools on how to achieve vibrant health.
If you have a health challenge it is important to do everything you can to strengthen your body and your immune system and to remove toxins from your system. Understand all of your options! Will natural healthcare be the right approach for you? Consider trying the least invasive approach first, if possible. Or consider using both eastern and western protocols together to achieve your objectives.
Keep you immune system in optimal working order.
(a) Water is the single most important source of health. Your body is 70% water which is used for digestion and assimilation of food, it lubricates joints, lubricates the intestines to prevent constipation, flushes waste and toxins out of the body, reduces inflammation, regulates blood volume and blood pressure, facilitates breathing. The average person should drink 1-½ to 2 liters of pure water daily.
(b) Vitamin D-3 is important and inexpensive, vitamin D is made naturally in the body when it is exposed to sunlight. But, because so many people are now avoiding the sun we have a major Vitamin D deficiency. Take 1000 IU of vitamin D-3 two to three times a day. Get natural sunlight directly on as much of your skin as possible for 15 to 20 minutes a day, preferably before 10:00 AM or after 3:00 PM when the sun is less intense. Do not use sun block or tanning lotion.
If you have flu like symptoms consider taking up to 50,000 IU of vitamin D-3 for three days to treat the acute infection. Talk to your healthcare provider.
(c) Vitamin C 1000 mg take one, three times a day. If you begin feeling cold or flu symptoms increase this amount to 1000 mg every hour. If you begin to have diarrhea reduce the dosage until the diarrhea stops. If vitamin C upsets your stomach, you may want to buy a “buffered” form of vitamin C.
(d) Take a potent multivitamin and mineral supplement: Good quality, high potency supplements can help strengthen and protect your body and immune system. Get on, and stay on, a healthy nutritional program.
(e) Avoid sugar, processed foods and artificial sweeteners: Sugar decreases the immune system function almost immediately. One can of soda, can suppress your immune system by 50% for up to six hours. A strong immune system is the key to fighting off viruses and other illness. Read the food labels; ketchup is almost 30% sugar, fruit juices, cereals, even so called health foods are loaded with sugar. Other names for sugar are glucose, galactose, fructose, sucrose, maltose, lactose, modified corn syrup, grape juice. Sugar spikes insulin, contributes to obesity and diabetes, disturbs your hormone balance, leaches important minerals out of your system (especially calcium), can lead to food allergies, and increases your risk of cancer. Artificial sweeteners are toxic chemicals and may cause brain injury, tumors, senility and may contribute to Alzheimer’s disease.
(f) Get enough rest: If you are tired or your body is overly fatigued it will be harder to fight off the flu. Be sure to get enough quality, restful sleep.
(g) Reduce your Stress Levels: If stress becomes overwhelming, your body will be less able to fight off the flu and other illnesses. Stress weakens the immune system.
(h) Exercise: When you exercise, you increase your circulation and blood flow throughout your body. The components of your immune system are better circulated, which means your immune system has a better chance of finding an illness before it spreads.
(i) Take quality Omega-3 oil: Increase your intake of healthy and essential fats like omega-3 oils found in fish oil, krill oil, flax oil, or extra virgin olive oil, these are crucial to maintaining your health. Avoid damaged Omega-6 oils which are found in trans fats and in processed foods, such as, French fries, and margarine; these fats can seriously damage your immune response.
(j) Wash your hands: Washing your hands will decrease the risk of spreading a virus to your nose, mouth or other people.
(k) Eat garlic regularly: Garlic works like a broad-spectrum antibiotic against bacteria, virus, and protozoa in the body. Unlike antibiotics, no resistance can be built up so it is an absolutely safe product to use.
(l) Avoid hospitals and vaccinations: Stay away from hospitals unless you are having an emergency. Hospitals are prime breeding grounds for infections of all kinds, and could be one of the likeliest places you could be exposed to various infections. Vaccinations, when available, will not be tested with clinical trials, the public will be the test subjects. They may be ineffective and can lead to crippling paralysis like Guillain-Barre Syndrome or other serious side effects.
(m) Eat wholesome nutritional food; avoid eating in fast food restaurants, processed food, genetically modified food, micro waved food. As much as possible, eat fresh, live, locally grown foods. Imported foods (not locally grown) are gassed, sprayed and irradiated which kills all the natural enzymes. Commercially grown foods, like tomatoes, are picks several weeks before they are ripe. They may turn red, but they will never have the nutrients they lost by picking them too soon.
The following are excerpts by Dr. David Darbo from the book “Green Leaves of Barley – Nature’s Miracle Rejuvenator “by Dr. Mary Ruth Swope and David A. Darbo, M.D.
“I am NOT in any way criticizing the noble men and women who dedicate their lives to saving the lives of others. The hospitals in the U.S. are first-rate, equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and staffed with skilled technicians, nurses and physicians.In a medical emergency, there is nowhere on earth I’d rather be. It is necessary to act dramatically in crisis situations, and the medical profession is to be applauded for its skill in dealing with catastrophic illness. My hat is off to the established medical order within the context of crisis care. The problem is not how the medical system operates in its own context but how it fails to maintain health.”
For more information on the dangers of childhood vaccinations, sudden infant death syndrome, autism and other risk factors with vaccination, go to these web sites; www.wellnesschiro.com/physicians_group_end_mandatory_vaccines.htm and www.vaccinationdebate.com/web8.html or www.naturalnews.com/z011764_mercury-_thimerosal_vaccines.html
I hope you have found this information thought provoking, interesting and informative. For more information on your particular health program please call 622-224-3255 in Guaymas, Sonora, Mexico or by e-mail at email@example.com
This information is provided for educational and informational purposes only. The health care procedures contained herein are not intended to diagnose and/or treat any illness. It is not intended as a substitute for consulting with a health care practitioner who is familiar with this healthcare information. We are not responsible for any adverse effects or consequences resulting from the use of any of the procedures or suggestions herein. Do not use this information if you are not willing to assume responsibility for the consequences.
[i] Taber’s Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary, 16th Edition
[ii] The New Lexicón Webster’s Dictionary
[iii] The New Lexicon Webster’s Dictionary
[iv] An Alternative Guide to a Healthy Heart, by Francisco Contreras, M.D., page 2
[v] Overdose The Case Against the Drug Companies, by Jay S. Cohen, M.D., page 2
[vi] Cancer is NOT a Disease, by Andreas Moritz, page 1
[vii] Reversing Diabetes, by Julian Whitaker, M.D.
[viii] Critical Alert: The Swine Flu Pandemic – Fact or Fiction?, by Joseph Mercola, M.D. www.mercola.com
[ix] “U.S. Congress exempt from insider trading.” www.politifact.com or Goggle
[x] Natural Cures newsletter, May 2009, by Kevin Trudeau’s
[xi] Critical Alert: The Swine Flu Pandemic – Fact or Fiction?, by Joseph Mercola, M.D., www.mercola.com
[xiii] Swine Flu – Midsummer Update, Posted by Jon Barron, August 3, 2009, page 4
[xiv] Critical Alert: The Swine Flu Pandemic – Fact or Fiction?, by Joseph Mercola, M.D., www.mercola.com
[xv] Louis Pasteur, Wikipedia, Google search
[xvi] Chapter 2 The Milieu interieur (The Environment Within) from the book Health and Survival by Ross Horne, www.soilandhealth.or/02/0201hyglibcat/020122horne.21stcentury/020122ch2.html
[xvii] Death by Medicine, by Gary Null, PhD; Carolyn Dean, MD, ND; Martin Feldman, MD; Debora Rasio, MD; andDorothy Smith, PhD. (www.lef.org/LEFCMS/aspx/Print VersionMagic aspx?CmsID=111570)